Thread: EnerJet Set
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 11:44 AM
Member in Good Standing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflonrocketry1
Rocketflyer,

I have a fin can from an Estes Eliminator kit that I measured. Is this part much different that the fin can from the Maniac kit?

I measured the fins as being 1/32 of an inch thick, this may be very difficult for my 3D printer to handle. Once I have a suitable 3D drawing for the fin can I was planning on giving the 3D print a try. My first pass drawing with fillets on the fins had some holes in it when I attempted to create a file for the 3D printer so I will have to go back and make some significant corrections/modifications.

I can easily make the transition for the LT-125 tubing (1.34" OD and 1.25" ID) with a 0.25 inch band in the middle and my take on a sturdier shock cord mount in red ABS plastic (similar to polystyrene). Do you need the nosecone?

I have already 3D printed several 1340 nosecones and transitions for Centuri ST-13 tubing which eRockts seems to have in stock; all their LT-125 tubing is listed as discontinued.

Teflonrocketry: As near as I can tell, the fin cans are alike. Let me know cost of coupler/transition and nose cone. Paypal work for you? Thank you!