View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 08:53 PM
Mr. Cut-by-hand

Default Decals, part 3: wing bolts

Each wing has three sets of large bolts on each side, fasting the wings to the body bands through the skirts. See picture 1.

I originally tried to position pieces of tape to guide my placement of the decals, see picture 2. I eventually decided that I was no better at getting the tape on straight than I would be just trying to do it with the decals. So all the tape came off.

Tweezers helped this job get done quickly and efficiently (relatively speaking). I realized that because these decals are very small, I could nudge them around with the tweezers quite easily. So I basically just plopped them down in the general vicinity and then nudged them into position. See picture 3, which also shows a few other decals in the same neighborhood.

I did make one mistake... I originally printed 6 sets of bolt decals: four for the wings and two spares. I failed to properly account for the fact that each wing needs *two* sets, one for each side. So I did half of the bolts so far, and will have to print up some new ones. This will also give me a chance to make some additional bolt decals for the wiring tunnel; I was unsure if I was going to put them on but now that I need to start off a new decal sheet I might as well take the opportunity to finish the job properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  wing-bolts.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  9.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Wing-bolts-1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  731.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Wing-bolts-2.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  277.1 KB