View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 04:52 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
but that it takes more keystrokes and screens to do the same things that 7 already does--radio stations and video production facilities hate 10 for that reason).

Not only that, but it subversively mines info and wants to sync everything. Between Win 10 and Google, they will try to link, sync mine and share/sell everything they can get from your computer.

BTW, with a little work you can make Win10 behave similarly to Win7. Using a 3rd party "Classic Shell" gets the ball rolling, along with a few internal changes like kicking Cortana's butt to the curb. You can go as far as setting up start screens, wallpapers, etc. if you really want it to look like a generic Win7, but the big thing is killing off all those tiles, Cortana and setting up the classic shell. Doing these things has my laptop looking and acting enough like Win7 that other people don't realize I'm running Win10.

While I use Linux at home, I do have a laptop with the moderately hated Win10, which is wonderful compared to the vile putrid Win8 that it came with. I use Win10 only because I use the laptop to hook into various smart boards, projectors, etc. at schools and fire stations, and it's just easier to quickly make those things play nicely together with Win10 than Linux. Our school system still uses Win7 exclusively for faculty and computer labs, and Chrome OS for our students' cheaply made and easily demolished chromebooks.