View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 07:46 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanHFox
The Athena clone on the green kitchen island is mine, with my "Foxy" mascot along to give his approval.

Nose cones/transitions are from Moldin' Oldies (Sirius Rocketry), who was also kind enough to laser-cut the thin ply fins. Tubes were from Semroc, in the Carl M. days, and the wraps were from a gentleman here on YORF who was selling vac-form copies of the original Centuri wraps. Decals from Gordy at Sandman Decals

It was a labor of love. Always wanted an Athena. A few years back, I decided they were never going to be reissued, so I cloned it!

Ditto for me except for the wraps and my homemade decals. I lent Mike a couple of my cones to use as copies to make the resin pieces. He sent me a couple of Orion nose cones that were seconds from the practice process. Good enough from ten feet.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper