View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 06:12 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawndart
I don't want to think how long ago that flight was. My beard was still brown, I weighed 30 ibs less, and I actually made it to the monthly launches in Lilly. Honestly don't remember. It was before I bought the Swarm Jr. Maybe 15 years ago?

It only made that one flight with 16 G80s. I wanted to put a nice paint job on it. Knda of a Saturn Ib but yellow and black. I painted the Swarm Jr the same all yellow and have flown that on D12s a couple of times.

In the middle of moving and packing up 30+ years of rocket stuff. Amazing what I've accumulated in that time. Still have parts to rebuild my first HP rocket (AAA Magnum Pennyslvania Crude)!!!! And some Vulcan motors.

Remember meeting you, Tim E. and John Cato at Battle Park in 1991 or 92.

Oh, ok. Yes, time does fly, doesn't it. And things do accumulate!

Actually, seems you made it down to one or two of our 'HOTSHOT' launches maybe 92-93 timeframe. We held a spring and a fall launch each year until the latter 90s. We'd have folks in from typically GA, FL, SC, TN, AL and sometimes a couple other states. Two thousand acres of contiually mowed sod farm turf made for a great launch site.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970