View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 03:19 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketguy101
I pulled the wire binding off my copy last night and will take it to work and use the auto-feed scanner to scan it. Might take a few tries to get a really good scan (light/dark, adjust f/ descreening, etc)... I will run OCR on it to help make it searchable and that seems to reduce the file size. I am thinking it will have to be broken in parts so it will email...where shall I send the files?

David, first off thanks so much for taking the time to do the scan work. Like I said the door to this book is open and I don't want it to close yet. Peter said if he had a PDF download of the book he would give it to the NAR for a free download. So my thinking is you could send Peter the download and he could send it to NAR with his permission to use it. I think that the NAR would not take the word of just anyone it was OK to use it. I would think it would have to be Peter.

Hopefully, he will read this and send you a message with his email address to send it to.
Or you might send him a privet message from here to ask for his address and explain the details.
I'm really not sure what to do at this point but I'm sure something can be worked out.

Once again this shows the great people we have on this forum. Thanks for stepping up.