View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 09:35 AM
Craftsman

Thumbs up Great Milestone, Frank!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkefj
I'm getting really close to 100 kits sold, when I reach that point I'm going to draw a random name from all of my customers to that point and give a kit of their choice to them as a way of saying thank you for making my first year worth the effort! There are about 50 unique customers so far so your chances are one in 50

Frank

Back in '97/'98, when I was selling glider kits myself, I had a sales spike for the first two months, then a slowdown, then basically nothing. Now, that was back on RMR, where you could not even post photos of any kind.

Since all of the 100 kits you're throwing out are RC based, its a fair assumption that most, if not the vast majority, will see flight in reasonable time. With my old stuff, that was more of a novelty to most Novus buyers. Not many of those ever were built and flown, sadly.

Now, those who did build and fly those things, reported good to spectacular results. Mainly, the Marauder and Maxi Marauders, as these were the ultimate no-frills sport gliders. After these, were the saucer gliders. Trimming those was the only hard part, and repairing 'dingz' would be too crude for most build/detail weenies here

Still neat to see some of the old reviews up on RocketReviews though.....