Thread: Red Arrow gone?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 05:31 PM
BAR

Yeah, it's a shame. I wouldn't buy from him online-- too many horror stories, but since I go to the inlaws in northern Indiana 4 times a year, I would have liked to slip off up there again maybe this spring or summer and get some stuff. He was great to deal with in person in a cash-n-carry arrangement, but sadly his internet sales, which of course would have been the lion's share of the business I imagine, left a LOT to be desired.

Oh well... it won't happen now. Sad...

Later! OL J R

PS. I visited Commonwealth Displays in Detroit about a couple years before they closed up shop or switched to fireworks only or whatever... I drove right past it too; first and only time I've ever been to Detroit (and probably the last time as I have ZERO desire to return) and I have to say that was about the strangest place I have ever been... the entire area looked like a shoddy shopping center row transplanted from our county seat here from about 1975-79... except more weathered with time and run down. Place was a TOTAL hole in the wall, but at least it was lit and air conditioned, and stuff packed in there so tight a fatboy like me had to go sideways down the aisles to look at stuff... it's a shame they're gone, as I wouldn't have minded visiting them again.