View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 02:52 AM
BP Mafia

Parts arrived on Tuesday and I immediately learned the first law of questioning Carl's judgement.
DON'T!
The BC-135 equivalent was perfect in person, not matching the drawing, but just looking RIGHT. I printed out an 8 fin guide for a 13-series tube, hoping to get a decent line on the X-wings. With the first two wings in place, I think that was a wise decision, but based on the dimensions given on the drawing on the old Centuri Times, I have to wonder about the ST-1313. It looks WAY too long with the nose cone in place, pretty much dwarfing the wings. I'll tack on the other two, then decide if I need to enlarge the wings, or "unenlarge" the body tube. Then again, there's also a possibility that the engine tubes and wing cannons could have an effect on the overall look, so I'll have to put a couple of those together and see how things look.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper