View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 10:49 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
I agree on two points. Hussain was secular and served our policy despite his limitations. Obama didn't negotiate troop immunity using his heavy hand position.

He cut and ran, and he led from behind, and refused to do a status of forces agreement. He removed the red line from Syria. He lost the obviously winnable erection.

There was NO negotiating with them. They didn't want us there to begin with. Killing over 5200 US troops and 100,000 Iraqi civilians and freeing the genie from the lamp is not "mission accomplished". None of this would even be an issue today had Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld stayed the hell out of the middle east right from the start. They lit the fire and the Dems were expected to put it out for them. Thanks. The one fortuitous thing coming from the whole mess is that all the weapons including heavy armor remain there and have not spread outside. They're killing each other with this crap and I can rest at night knowing that. Just more thousand year religious hatred between them. Have at it! Oh my science!