View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 07:40 PM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Getting ready for a NARAM, especially one that I can load up the car and drive to it, really opens up the possibilities.

I can bring more rockets, carry the rocket motors I need and carry extra stuff.

Trip Barber was organizing the Old Rocketeer Reunion (ORR) (And he did an excellent job of it, too).
Trip would occasionally send out e-mail updates about the status of the ORR to people who had paid and registered for the event.

Trip's update for Saturday, July 21st, had an interesting item listed:

"Estes Industries in Penrose is welcoming a limited number of guests to participate in a tour of the "Model Rocket Capital of the World" during NARAM-60. Tours will be held on Monday, August 6th, 2018 at 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM and will be led by Estes President, Ellis Langford. Estes is extending this invitation to Rocketeer Reunion participants before making it available to the general public. If you are interested in touring the Estes facilities, please visit their Sign Up Genius link to reserve a guest slot for your preferred tour time. Registration will close at the end of the day on July 27, 2018.

Please note that adults will be required to present a driver's license or identification card to enter the Estes facility."

Oh heck yeah!

I couldn't type my keyboard fast enough.

The question for me was: Which tour time do I want to sign up?

I decided to go with the 10:00 AM morning tour. That way I could still go rocket flying in the afternoon.

I received confirmation that I had been registered for the tour.
The next step was that I had to send a copy of my Driver's License for review as Estes is a "homeland security regulated facility".

That done I went back to packing.

A few days later I received a confirmation e-mail from Estes that they had received the copy of my ID.

Back to packing.