View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Master Modeler

My friend's older brother was into model rocketry and he recommended I read The Handbook of Model Rocketry. That was all it took. I started building and flying Estes and Centuri models, and I even designed and built a few of my own.

Here are some of the models I built and flew.

Scout
Vulcan
Mini Bomarc
Stilletto
Camroc Carrier
Saturn V
Andromeda

There were many more, but I can't recall them. One was a starter rocket kit that has a chromed plastic nose cone and fin assembly. I don't remember it's name

I designed and built a two engine cluster model that worked quite well, when I could get both engines to ignite, that is!

I even had one of those Estes CO2 powered rocket cars. I remember it had foam wheels. I also remember I once froze the index finger on my hand while launching one.

I actually launched and recovered a raw egg in the Camroc Carrier once. What a nice payload rocket that was.

A few years ago, my daughter built a Razor tube fin model for a school project. She flew it on a B engine at school and got an A grade. I almost got back into rocketry back then, but I didn't have the work space I wanted in my old house.

I was browsing the net, and found myself pining after an Andromeda kit. The vintage ones on eBay seem to go for big bucks. I actually found PDRocketry made a reasonably priced kit. It was in browsing those threads that I found references to this forum and started coming here.

My Brother-in-law flies larger rockets with E, F, and G engines. I think I better stay with the lower powered motors because I just don't have places to fly larger engine rockets in my immediate area.