View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 12:07 PM
Dazed and Confused

BTW, real FFFF is still available mail order from a few places if your local shop has stopped carrying it or has exclusively moved to substitutes like Pyrodex. FFFF is generally for a flintlock's frizzen pan (flash pan) so you won't use it in a percussion rifle, making it a bit harder to find. I'm partial to the Tennessee and Kentucky flintlock rifles for obvious reasons.

Graf & Sons in Missouri charges a flat $10 hazmat fee for up to 50 lbs. of BP (max the BATFE allows you to possess) and stocks Goex (Budweiser), Graf (Beck's) and Swiss (Appenzeller Bier). They have a minimum $40 order, but carry all kinds of reloading supplies, shooting accessories, safety glasses, ear protection, etc. that you can fill your cart with. Just remember that you are subject to draconian laws for purchase and storage of BP unless it is intended for use in firearms or antique devices. I don't know how old a model rocket would have to be to be considered an antique device.

If your shooting club wants to order for several members, Powder, Inc in Texas seems to have the best selection and price, including hazmat and shipping fees.