Thread: Red Arrow gone?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 11:03 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I bought several kits and quite a few tube assortments from Red Arrow over the years. Always great service and never an issue with shipping. Sorry to see them go this way, but something about the Sheri's purchase gave me a bad feeling when it happened. Seemed like that toilet was going to stay clogged, not matter how much you plunged it.

That's been a LONG time ago... He was showing me the new molds when I was up at his store... and that must've been at least 6-7 years ago, because my MIL was still alive at the time and she's been gone now for five years. Maybe further back than that. I know it was maybe about a year after the Sheri-gate thing on the Terribly Run Forum... (which spilled over here and elsewhere).

Like I said, nice enough guy to deal with in person, but his chosen method of doing mail orders was IMHO a lousy way of doing business. I'm sure it made sense to him, and for a portion of the rocketry community for whom it wasn't a problem that were willing to deal with it to get cheaper prices, well, it wasn't a problem for them either. For folks ordering common stuff he had tons of in stock and never ended up on backorder, it wasn't a problem. For the other 90% of the rocketry community who ordered from him expecting everything to arrive in two weeks or so and if not, communication to be forthcoming or a refund issued, it was VERY MUCH OF A PROBLEM!

Anyway, I don't think the Sheri thing really had anything to do with it... that's been SO long ago that if it were, it should have caused a lot more problems a long time ago already, and his shipping issues CERTAINLY predate his buying of the Sheri's Hot Rockets lineup. I'm not into high power and I wouldn't order from him online (I'd rather just make the trip up to his store from northern Indiana when I was up there if there was something he had I wanted to buy) so I don't know if or to what extent he ever offered the SHR line of rocket kits again. He was just starting up with the GT when I was at his store, and he was quick to point out the flaws in Sheri's design (not to scale) and the substandard crap she was sending out in kits (cones pulled from worn-out molds and such) and his problems finding a source for the turned aluminum motor retainers-- a problem that basically sunk Sheri after her divorce and move to Hawaii...

Anyway, hope things work out better for him. Sorry for the folks who got stiffed in the process... both by Sheri and now by Dave...

Later! OL J R