View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 08:19 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brohm
Thank you, Earl;

As mentioned in my earlier post, I'd like to scribble out a couple more articles covering the booster and the HoJo-Nike adapter. The HoJo-Nike adapter is, in my view, the most complicated part of the model, and it consumed, by far, the most amount of time in its construction as compared to other parts of the model.

The reason for that resides in the manner in which the prototype adapter was constructed. It's a unique and somewhat of a Frankenstein assembly, as it mates two completely dissimilar entities from different round families that, before someone got the idea to bolt things together, were never intended to be married. It's these unique adapters that make so many of the multi-stage sounding rockets so interesting, in my view.

I've posted below a few photos of this adapter to highlight the point. Please forgive the various blemishes; the model took a few scuffs and paint chips coming out of the launch tower.

John -

Thanks for the additional photos...nice detail.

I don't think any of us want to saddle you with additonal 'work', but as far as additional articles on your construction details, I think many of us would heartily welcome any and all additional writeups as you would want to supply!

Oh, if anyone has any liftoff shots of it coming off the pad, I'd love to see some of those.

Thanks again,

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970