View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 12:20 AM
rosko_racer

Default Groove Tube On Another MASA Planet Issue

This MASA Planet Issue has information on the Groove Tube and some measurements are in the article. It also provides information on upscales. They did an excellent job documenting about their GTs on this issue as well on Issue 2. I am not aware if they had further issues on the GT. I used this issue when I cloned my Groove Tube. The GT first appeared in Centuri's 1972 catalog and was in production until 1980.

I kit bashed my upscale GT from an Estes Super Neon. I like the original decals but for some reason I did not go all the way with the original look. The decals were printed on an Alps printer with a base silver metallic layer then layers of magenta and yellow. The silver gives it a nice metallic red color that goes well with the chrome stripes and the Gun Metal Black of the fin tubes. The nose cone had a similar finish than the decals: a base coat of Tamiya Mica Silver then Tamiya Mica Red. The other picture is my Centuri fleet in different stages of construction, finish, in need of a total redone, or finished. Most are clones (kit clones or scratch built) and two are original (Skylab and Vector V). My most cherished and challenging build was the SSV Scorpion... Enjoy the view!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  72cen014.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  133.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Groove Tube.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  351.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  My Centuri Fleet.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  736.3 KB  

- Raúl