View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 04:22 PM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
Do you think if you used misfire alley rather than torture rack you could get by with 50% less club leaders and 100% more club members?

No.

Jerry, no amount of persuasion on your part is going to change how others do things...

Going misfire alley will make the club's equipment management easier, but that is about it.

My club does a heck of a lot of outreach. We let each "pilot" push the launch button if they want so that they do not miss out on that part of the experience. In their excitement, some of them have a hard time waiting until the count gets to zero. I cannot imagine the chaos if most of them used their own equipment; many of the parents do not know what they are doing either. Our system has the added benefit in that we coach each one how to properly hook up the clips and check for continuity. In the event of a misfire, we diagnose the problem instead making them figure it out on their own.

When we expect it to be busy, we set up multiple sets of pads spaced far enough apart that we can launch some while loading others. With an LCO, a safety check person and two pad managers, we can launch continuously. It is simply amazing how quickly we can go through rockets, especially once we introduce the concept of the drag race...

We have very few who bring their own equipment and almost nobody who insists on using it.

Misfire alley works well when a large majority of the participants are experienced. Our launches are seldom that way.

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...