View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 09:01 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterAlway
I don't have the original electronic files for this book--the layout was in Ready-Set-Go, and while it is possible the files exist, I don't have a machine that can read the disks or run the software.

That said, I would give the NAR permission to put up a PDF of a scan of "The Art of Scale Model Rocketry" for free download on their website if said pdf got into their hands (I don't have a functional scanner at the moment).

Peter Alway

If I can get my heart rate to go down I will get this started.
First, off Peter, I can't think of a way to thank you for your participation and the great information you have shared with us in this thread. I'm sure all of us have enjoyed your insights.

So if I'm reading you right. It would be all right if someone on this thread could scan a PDF file of their copy and sent you a copy and you could look it over so you could send it to the NAR so they know it is legit with your permission.

Now is there anyone to volunteer to scan your book? If you send me a copy I can scan it, but I know that ain't going to happen. I feel the door is open on this and if we don't act the door may close and we may not get another chance. So I beg one of you make this 68-year-old man happy before I pass on and do a scan. PLEASE.

All joking aside I hope we can get something done on this matter.
I can't thank you enough, Peter. Thanks.