View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 09:46 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreadvector
I am hoping the 1:100 is going to be 29mm BP motor powered.

I can live with removable clear plastic fins as long as I get the long burn F15-4 motor thrill.

And lets use 1/4" launch lugs.

I actually like the removable clear plastic fins that Centuri used. If you mounted them all the same way, it gave a slow "roll program". Even with the clear slip-ons, the permanent fins were a bit oversized, but not compared to the last balsa finned Estes version. They look like Dumbo ears. If I hadn't lost one of my clear Centuri fins after retiring my Centuri model, I would have made the Estes fins to scale.

As to 29mm mount, it's an easy modification during building. That shouldn't be an excuse for you and GH not to have an F15 flight with 30+ years of building experience!

I modified my Centuri Saturn V during construction with a removable motor mount after looking at the Centuri Power System Outfit in the catalog. I wanted to be able to fly clusters and single D12's. I was about 12 years old at the time. With all those centering rings the Centuri kit had, I bet it would have handled a 29mm F15 without much fuss.