Thread: Paper Rockets
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoehlein
Ya - When I do my paper rocket layouts, I usually use a 7.5" x 10" page so I can leave 1/2" around all sides for margins. A lot of printers don't need that much room, but a few that might still be in use are. Of course, the downside is that that means my tubes can't be any longer than 10" long, but if everyone can print the file it's a small price to pay.

Greg
I went and looked and the first page is 7.5" X 10" but whenever I go to print anything, I get a .75" margin all around by default. I then set them all to zero and it resets them to the smallest margin the printer allows which is .25" on the sides and .07" on thr top and .5" on the bottom. The second page was 6" X 6" so would print without any adjusting.

When I first started making cardstock rockets, I was just making what I wanted for myself so I had a starting template that I used which was 7.99" X 10.43" which was the largest that my printer could do. But then people starting asking for the files and I would email them and a few people told me they were to big for their printer to handle.

I switched to 7.5" X 10" later on. My original USS Atlantis downscale fit on one sheet but I had to go to 2 sheets when I went to the smaller sized layout.
NAR #62740 L1
AMA #46042
CMASS & RIMRA Member