View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 09:50 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole
Earl, I don't know if you can tell anything from these photos but maybe it will give you an idea how rough they are. They are better than the first models I have received from them.
There will be filling and sanding but the paper tubes will help a lot.

Hey! Thanks much for posting these...that does help.

Well...not bad, but I can see they will definitely need some finishing work. And I guess working with a piece or two would be the only way to see just how much work would be needed.

The printers are getting better, but I’d like to think further improvements in the technology will get it truly into the ballpark of “wow!” for a finished product.

Will be interested to see how each of you progress on the finishing aspects of the builds, if either of you are inclined to do that, but don’t feel obligated simply based on my request.

It would be nice to have these two kits, as they do fill a historical void in the Apollo launch vehicle chronology. I’m currently working on finishing a Centuri Saturn 1b to go with my 35 + year old Centuri Saturn V, among about six other builds in various states of finish (isn’t that the way we all build??).

Thanks again for the photos...much appreciated!

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970