View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 09:59 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default Time Out!

Happy Easter to all!

Based upon the replies to this thread both private and public I clearly stepped on one of the model rocketry land mines. I am relatively new to this community only getting really involved in the last two years, so hope people will understand that I only wanted to share what I thought would be a cool rocket build.

Yes, some very small shop vendors like Hangar 11 Hobbies do not match the customer service and quality of our bigger vendors. Yes, my experience to date with the X-15 kit has been frustrating with delayed shipping, some incorrect or missing parts, and pretty sparse assembly instructions.

I did however enter into my purchase of the Hangar 11 X-15 kit forewarned. I had read multiple posts on TRF cautioning buyers about the issues I have in fact encountered. Based upon this "research" I took the risk to roll the dice with my $300 and give Bobby at Hangar 11 my business.

If my original post gave unfair or unwarranted support for Hangar 11's business that was not my intent. I did provide some cautionary statements in my post and of course we are all responsible for making our own purchase decisions.

Bobby to date has responded to all my emails within 24hrs, he has provided answers to questions, and he has promised to fix errors with the order. At this time, I have no data to suggest that Bobby is anything but a small shop guy, doing it all himself part-time, more to support our hobby than make a significant profit. I do not know Bobby personally and have no interest in his business.

I will not continue posting to this thread as it has diverted dramatically from my original intent.

Best to all and I look forward to seeing you at the next launch!

Matt
NAR #98923, L2
WOOSH #558 member