View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Consigliere to Bill E.'s BP Mafia

Great tip on the video mode. Thanks. Does it work with a phone camera? I definitely want to try it.
Bill, there's something distinctly right in the world when we can fly on a weekend, isn't there?

A couple of notes about this launch:
1. I didn't complete my first post as I wanted to. I neglected to mention an early flight of my Icarus clone. The flight was perfect and as I was returning from recovering it, I found the Mosquito. That's 5 recovered flights on this one, plus however many it had back in the day.
2. When initially looking for the Mosquito, I found a spent A8-3 with a little blue tape wrapped around it. I figured it was kicked out of one of mine from an earlier launch and I couldn't find it.
But recovering something else, I found a spent C6-5. Now what do I fly there on a C6-5 that does NOT use an engine holder? Nothing. So someone else had been flying there recently. We wound up finding several more spent engines, including an E9-4, which is a lot of power for that field. Generally, I check the wind when I first get there and set up on the appropriate side to maximize space. When I was recovering something later, though, I found an area in the middle of the field with 14-16 spent igniters. When I was a kid (before we had this online community), I used to get a kick out of finding evidence that other people had been flying where I flew, and had the same feeling this weekend.

Current project: Painting the roll pattern on my new Ventris build, gifted me by the estimable Dr. Houchin.