View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 08:00 PM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Monday, August 6th, dawned as a nice sunny day.

After cleaning up and having breakfast I walked three minutes to the 'other' Marriott hotel down the street where many of the NARAM-60 participants were also staying.

I met up with Turbofireball (Who graciously volunteered to drive) and Tony P., both fellow SoCal rocketeers.

I called 'shotgun' and we loaded up in Turbo's rental minivan and headed off to Penrose.

It was an easy drive up I-25 North to US-50W to Canon City.

As we drove out civilization became less and less as we got closer to the Estes plant.

When one gets to the Estes plant there isn't really an off-ramp or exit lane. One just sort of drives off the road into the lot.

The staff parked to the right of the building on a paved lot. The Visitor's lot was gravel.
Drive time was about 30 minutes.

There were already several cars in the parking lot as we got out of the van. I checked over my camera one more time.

Upon looking at the building one could see that the paint was faded and worn. This was to be expected of something that experienced such weather extremes.

We walked around the front of the building and met up with the rest of the folks who would be taking the tour.