View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 11:18 AM
Junior Rocketeer

It's all about originality. Personally I don't get too impressed with clone kits as much as I do with the original item. I've already got the Centuri Saturn V, Centuri Saturn 1b, Centuri 1/45th Little Joe II, Centuri Sky Lab, Centuri Centurion, Centuri X-24 Bug, Centuri Mercury Redstone along with older Estes kits too. Some of these models demanded high prices for obvious reasons. I like going to a launch and having people scrutinize these rare objects as if they were gold or the real thing and they are impressed to see something older than them in some cases.

Most of these models are yet to be built which of course would make a great build thread here or on TRF where I usually hang out. I've got Sheri's MR as well as her Saturn V build threads going on in the mid power section. People are enjoying these threads very much and that's what it's all about. Few things can beat the original in heart and soul which makes it a greater passion for me. I invite anyone to check out my work on those two rockets and you be the judge. Yes, I've seen in my opinion 'better' quality from a few who I think just have that special gift though I believe I've made strides throughout the years and am doing things that would (by their own admission) scare others off.

In the end if you're NOT putting yourself in financial Dutch by making purchases such as these and others, it's justified. I don't throw my money away on smoking, drinking or drugs as I used to. Quit all that crap back in 91 cold turkey. I don't need to tell you how much I've saved in a quarter decade. So just what is ludicrous?