View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
I list this as a "new design" because I don't think I've ever submitted the RockSim file to Craig for BARCLONE.

I've cloned this model many times since I purchased my first SSRS kit back in the early 80's. Flight proven on a variety of F and G motors with the hardwood cone version I currently have but can be flown on D12 or even E9 on a small field with no wind in the Semroc Balsa Cone version. I've always built it with a hardwood nose cone like the original but included a second file with all Semroc parts and EM-9115 for the builder that may prefer not to order the custom basswood Sandman nose cone. Original version used Hemlock for the nose cone and bulkhead. Sandman drawing for ordering one of the nose cones he made for me is attached. Can handle high DV's well as I use a braided kevlar shock cord mount and as many yards of 1/4" elastic shock cord as I can manage in the airframe along with streamer recovery. The Semroc LT-125 tubing can handle the abuse

Original thread with build pictures and information on SSRS / Crown Rocket Technology:

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/show...3&postcount=165

Some of the text is out of date as Semroc does now makes a baffle for series 125 tubing and I bought a bunch of these. Thanks Carl, I know you probably did this at first just for me!

http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts...?idproduct=1462

I didn't know about the baffles for the 125 tubes - I'll put some on my next order.
I have the parts for a Lasor 134 put aside with 2 payloads - 1 with a 3" long dowel bulkhead that you recomended for larger motors, and one w/a lighter weight slit body tube type bulkhead for D/E motors. Once I'm done with this current batch of projects that I'm finishing up, I'll start filling the tubes and glueing the fins on this one. It' going to be a great weekend here for painting!!

S.