View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 09:59 PM
Mid Power Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by boakes123
I definitely forgot to check the board, though I did have my frequency submitted (919Mhz).

I am surprised he got any signal from my rocket. I stopped getting them right around the time it would have touched down (which typically happens with the eggfinder).

Sorry to hear Jon slogged around in the swamp - I spent almost two hours doing the same and it was miserable.

So dumb question: Did Jon find my rocket, or did he just go on a wild goose chase after it's signal?

As we turned left from the gravel onto the paved park road, he started getting pings on the LCD. I had a pretty good visual on his rocket all the way to the ground, and estimated he would be 500' west of the lookout tower.

Almost immediately he starts saying "closer, closer, STOP, pull over here!" We are 2000 feet short of where I think we should be . He hops out and makes a bee-line for your co-ordinates. (your post above)

Jon was about 400 feet from the road when he suddenly disappears from view. He came back to the car soaked. The water was above his knees. He says - "I need hip waders".

I drive him down the road to where I think we should be and we find his rocket fairly quickly -

He was still getting a signal from your Eggfinder. I think your last co-ordinates are pretty accurate, and you should still be able to find it near there.

That was Jon's L1 cert flight.
Woosh #558