View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 07:55 AM
slave to the wind

Default RMS questions (again)

After waiting for what seems like forever for a 24mm engine, I ended up with an 18mm housing as well. I of course ordered 1 set of charges for it and being as it was an unexpected boon, decided to practice loading on it instead of my 24.

Maybe I am dense, but the instructions didnt' seem quite clear to me. I expected the load to just slip in. I also didn't realize that the ejection charge was in the little red caps that came with it. I spilled it all over my workbench but was able to scoop it all back in.

Lastly, the copperhead igniter, looks like one piece of metal. Where do I connect two leads to it to cause the igniter to ignite?

I had never intended to get the 18mm, and I still haven't loaded the 24. I am quite afraid of igniting this thing for fear of an unexpected explosion. Mostly because I really had to convince that charge to slip in. Once I had it part of the way I couldn't pull it out so I forged on ahead. None of the charges in the 3-pak fit any better. Some of the cardboard sleeve got distended and I ended up trimming it off.

Before I load up the 24, can anyone chime in on their (recent) experiences with the 18? Could I possibly have a bad casing or loads?

Bike