View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 11:47 PM
slave to the wind

I actually have one of the Blue Ebeam controllers. I got it with an old kit from Wally World years ago (sat in my closet till this year and pulled it out when I was off my feet, and soon became Born Again).

I thought it was defective when the light wouldn't come on. I emailed estes and they sent me the yellow controller (still in the package to this day). While fooling with the blue one, I connected an igniter to it with 4AAs and tested it. Of course it worked, and I ended up with two controllers.

I'll hit Radio Shack tomorrow and get my supplies. Now I won't need micro clips! Hate soldering anyhow. BTW, would two 9Vs work (if I can't get my car close enough to the field)? Or what about a garden tractor battery? I think they are 12V also (but I am not sure).

Thanks for the idea. Even though it is almost 1 here, I am going to pull my controller out and check it out now!

Later: Color me bummed, but the original Ebeam controller I have is black and welded shut, however, the new yellow one has two little screws in the bottom of it. The launch key seems to be MIA, but it looked the same as the other one that is still attached to the black controller. What a deal!

My original kit (Code red, 3 engines, pad and controller) set my Father in Law back almost $15 3-4 years ago. Who would've thunk I'd be doing this now.

I kick myself for letting it sit in the closet for so long.