View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 09:47 PM
BAR

It's easy enough to figure out... go look at some of the Saturn V stuff I posted over in the scale section, or even the Saturn IB stuff... The measurements of the corrugations and their numbers are in there (or if not they're on my Saturn V/IB plans I got from NARTS decades ago at home but I can't reference them now.)

We're talking about corrugations that are anywhere between about 2-4 inches high (depending on their location on the vehicle and the loads they were expected to support) on a vehicle 33 feet in diameter... IOW pretty darn small, even at 1/100 scale. A two inch high corrugation at 1/100 scale would be 0.020 inch, or twenty-thousandths of an inch, which is pretty darn small and thin. Needless to say it'd be nearly invisible upon anything but almost only the closest inspection...

I used embossed scrapbooking paper on my 1/152 Saturn V scratchbuild and it looks pretty good, even though I'm sure even it's overscaled...

A certain amount of TLAR is permitted IMHO unless you're headed for the Internats...
Later! OL JR