View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 01:39 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
I resisted ordering, since I’m currently building a #2157, and have two more, plus a really old #2001. I’ll wait until January to get the new one.

I did bookmark MegaHobby, I had never heard of them. I tend to use AC Supply for Estes, and Hobbylinc for reloads, but options are always good. Thanks!

I have a half finished 2001 which will I will use for demos with iffy recovery areas. It's set up for stock 24mm, but I might rip that out and work it up for an interchangeable mount.

My old Centuri model is retired and on permanent display. I have two more open box Centuri kits with one that has had some assembly. Not sure what I'll do with them other than display the cool boxes. I got them cheap because of some damage to the boxes, but they still look good to me.

Even though I still have a NIB 2157, I'll grab the new 1969 at some point after Christmas. I'm not sure if I'll build to fly or build to display. I'll probably build one to fly. It wouldn't look right displayed next to the old Centuri kit with it's aged patina.

As an aside, anybody want to bet I can build a 2001 light enough to cluster three B6-2's and get it back in one piece? It's only 4 n/s lower than a D12-3 and the 2001 will be lighter than the old Centuri kit by several oz. A single D12-3 was perfect for the heavier Centuri kit with the wadding eliminator (piston driven clam shell) I designed when I was a kid to save money on wadding. The 2001 may eject a little too early with a D12-3 in calm air.