View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 08:18 AM
Ciderwright

As the referenced thread notes, you can attach pictures to a post with the 'manage attachments' tool below the test editor. But the image size is limited to well below what smartphones now produce.

I mostly post from my phone - and my favorite resizing tool (PS Touch) is obsolete. Also, pics coming in from an iPhone often end up displaying sideways for reasons I'm sure someone (but not I) know.

You can see that a lot of people (including me) used Photobucket to host pics, and used the {IMG} BBCode to insert them. Photobucket was easy to upload to - and made getting the BBCode to paste into the text editor trivial. BUT, they changed their terms recently, and now you see dead picture links scattered throughout YORF, like alewives on Lake Michigan beaches in March.

So now what to do? Flikr hosts ok - but the iOS app doesn't support the IMG code link. Furthermore, the URL link is a shortcode that doesn't display properly on YORF.

But, there is a way to use it that isn't -too- cumbersome to do from the phone. This little web tool: Flickr BBCode will take the short code URL and return the static link - with some sizing options. You can copy and paste that into the editor here.

I'll switch to the phone and demonstrate:

This is from one of my flights at Bong 9/24. Estes kit, Skylab nosecone by Sandman.
The URL is flic.kr/p/Z5ogWs - which doesn't display. But staticflickr link does. I manually edited out the URL wrapper for the example above. The rackonly provided link has a URL wrapper that directs to the Flickr album.
Ad Astra Tabernamque!