View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 01:26 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_w
I was unaware that you could apply CWF on top of a CA'd surface, somehow I assumed it needed the porous wood surface to "grab" to. I had actually been considering (but haven't tried) using CWF first to fill the deep pits and then CA second for a hard surface.

That's how I've been doing it for a long time and haven't had any issues... (CA the balsa first, then brush on THINNED CWF, sand, then a few coats of primer, sand w/220, sand again w/440, damp sand with 440 W/D sandpaper dipped in water and shaken off, clean, dry, and then ready for paint). End results speak for themselves in my build threads here and elsewhere... for a specific photo-heavy step-by-step tutorial, look up my "Dr. Zooch EFT-1 beta-build thread", where I specifically described my techniques and processes along with photos in a step-by-step fashion.

I haven't tried it the other way (filling with thinned CWF first, then followed by CA "hardening"). Honestly I've had no need to since the first method has worked so well. Might make for an interesting experiment however...

Best of luck! OL JR