View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 10:36 AM
I wish I was a spaceman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
Normally I wouldn't be posting these kind off things here but this teaser post may concern American rocketeers as well. That is all I can say at the moment.

Weco is at present the only German manufacturer of black powder rocket engines. They range from A to D and are very inexpensive compared to engines coming from Estes. We pay 10 German engines for the price of 3 Estes engines. Unfortunately Weco is closing down production of their rocket engines at the end of this year.

Thankfully another German company has designed new German made composite engines. Today I had a chance to see them live and I can tell you I literally got Goosebumps when the lite up

Unfortunately I didn't have my cam equipment with me at the time. However I will post here when I get the material from others that were present.

Here the prototypes that I got to take home to photograph:

These engines have the exact same size as Estes

D7 18mm
E18 and F14 24mm
F24 29mm

I’m told by the manufacturer that certification is running smoothly and should be completed by the end of this year.

I will post here when I can give out more information on the subject.

Any idea of thrust curves? Core burning, moon burning, C slot?

You Can't break the laws of physics but they can break you. Christine McKinley

Dale Greene

Mentor, Penn Manor Rocket Club

VISIT SPAAR
2010 Calder Cup
The Old West
2009 Calder Cup

" Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act. " George Orwell