View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveriderz
If I'm not mistaken, the E60's were F-100's in an earlier incarnation. FSI finally got around to properly labeling their motors very late in the game. The A's were B's, the Bs,'C's the C's, D's etc....they drove the NAR S&T crazy.

Terry Dean

Great pics by the way.....
Terry,

I think it's both. That is, early on, there was indeed an E60 alongside the F100. (Reference the 77 catalog.) It does not appear in later catalogs. But, as I recall, the F100 was ultimately redesignated. Not sure if it became a latter day E60, or if they called it something else, but that gibes with your story.

FWIW, I have an E60-0 at the house I've been hoping to getting around to flying one of these days, but I'm not sure when it was made - that is, if it's the earlier E60, or the redesignated F100. It's about 4 inches long, maybe a little longer, and a few tape wraps shy of fitting a 29mm tube.

<research timeout...Jeopardy music playing in the background>

In the 77 catalog, the F100 is described as being 27 x 150mm, so I'm thinking mine is the earlier E60, which, given what we know of FSI motors, is probably more like a D40

Doug

YORF member #11