View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Master Modeler

Most house and car purchases are done on a financed basis. The growing electronic bill payment systems eliminate tangibles entirely.

International trade isn't limited to petroleum. Many of the heavy equipment and grain based transactions include at least a portion of payment in barter. Some of those transactions are quite complex, involving three or more parties, with little or no "legal tender" involved.

The rest is paranoia. I don't do paranoia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohetero-negro
Raises Hand ... I pay cash for cars. As for houses, not all of it. While I am out of home ownership for a few years until the markets reach their real lows, when I do get in, I will put %20 - %30 down at the very least. This buying with no real ability to afford/keep-up is one of the many problems that brought the entire house of cards down beginning in late 2007 (not late 2008 as we all think. People were already stating the market/fiduciaries based on real estate bundled mutual funds were over valued and that it was in uncharted territory... same today with the Bond and Commodities markets... we are due for another crash any week/month now).

As for international trade ... you are wrong. No bartering.

OPEC - Dollars, and starting late last year, they now require Euros.

China - Yuan/Dollars (China is %97 divested of Dollars (treasuries) and is now stating publicly that the United States is defaulting ... yes we are. The treasury is printing almost a trillion dollars this year and in effect, its sending the 'greenback' to junk status and making all the world's dollars worthless... its a back door way of trying to make Americans and the world think that our currency is worth holding:

American can pay its debt, by just incurring more debt! Its a joke ... people get ready, protect yourselves because when the powder keg goes off, cities near you will be in flames ... guaranteed! Its not going to be because a black motorist gets a beating by white officers or your favorite sports team wins the World Championship ... nope, its going to be about cash and who has it and who doesn't!

I just can't believe that like sheeple, we are just sitting here waiting to be slaughtered.

Its like the woman who gets beaten on a regular basis ... she sits there in the dark knowing that when her husband/boyfriend/girlfriend gets home drunk, she going to get her eyes blackened yet again.

And we sit here, believing the lie, and we KNOW it to be a lie, we ALL know it to be a friggin lie, but we are we to do? Who among us is going to change the inevitable?

I mean is there any one here, left or right, moderate or apathetic who really believes America's financial house is in order? I really would like that person(s) to step forward, and post why they believe we are economically sound.

I won't be judgemental or flame. I just want to see if there is something I am missing or perhaps 'don't worry, be happy' is the way to go before the mob bursts into my home.

Jonathan