View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 06:42 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
I don't remember saying that, or if I did, when (I'm not saying that you're wrong). I have this Acer desktop computer (running Windows 7) that I bought in 2016 or so (before then, I was using a ~15 year-old Compaq laptop made for Windows Millennium, which was running Windows XP). I also plan to get a specially-built laptop (also running Windows 7) from the same computer store/shop when the Alaska Permanent Fund dividends are issued to us in October, to serve as a backup for this computer, so that if one fails I'll have one to use while the other one is being repaired.

It would have been around that time frame. you were concerned about moving files from the old to the new. Windows XP was a really good OS and I was sorry to see them let it go. I wonder if some third party provider could provide updates to old o/s's just to update online protocols and security. I would assume Microsoft would squash such an attempt.

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.