Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2009, 03:02 AM
Master Modeler

Yes, the Centuri Aero-Bat and Acro-Bat both ejected their motors like the Estes Space Plane. Even a "Quest-ized" version of this/these kit(s) using their metric body tubes and nose cones would be a good model (or models).

Rear-motor boost-gliders that eject their motors are "NAR-kosher" for flying at NAR-sanctioned events *if* the motor cases are recovered by streamer. For a relatively loose-fitting body tube such as the BT-30, the streamer can be taped to the motor and wrapped around it to provide a light friction-fit in the model. For a BT-20 size model, a short length of carpet thread or thin cotton twine can be taped to the streamer, with the other end being glued to the inside of the forward end of the motor. A small amount of wadding is inserted into the front end of the motor, and then the streamer and string are rolled up and inserted into the motor.
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR
Old 11-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
Yes, the Centuri Aero-Bat and Acro-Bat both ejected their motors like the Estes Space Plane. Even a "Quest-ized" version of this/these kit(s) using their metric body tubes and nose cones would be a good model (or models).

Rear-motor boost-gliders that eject their motors are "NAR-kosher" for flying at NAR-sanctioned events *if* the motor cases are recovered by streamer. For a relatively loose-fitting body tube such as the BT-30, the streamer can be taped to the motor and wrapped around it to provide a light friction-fit in the model. For a BT-20 size model, a short length of carpet thread or thin cotton twine can be taped to the streamer, with the other end being glued to the inside of the forward end of the motor. A small amount of wadding is inserted into the front end of the motor, and then the streamer and string are rolled up and inserted into the motor.

For NAR competition, streamers must be no less than 10 square centimeters for each gram of ejected weight. For a Quest A6, the mass after firing is 8.8 grams so you need a streamer 88 square centimeters. So what is that...1" X 35"?
Old 11-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
For NAR competition, streamers must be no less than 10 square centimeters for each gram of ejected weight. For a Quest A6, the mass after firing is 8.8 grams so you need a streamer 88 square centimeters. So what is that...1" X 35"?

More like 1x14 inches. 2.54 cm= 1 inch. 1 sq. in. is just under 6.5 sq. cm.

1x14 inches is just over 90 sq. cm
Old 11-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

I forgot to mention that Bill told me that Quest will have a new catalog for 2010.

It will combine the hobby and eductator product lines into one catalog. The educator products will be featured in the back of the catalog.

Expected availability is to be January-February 2010 timeframe.

Bob
Old 11-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Master: Dark Art of Model Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
I forgot to mention that Bill told me that Quest will have a new catalog for 2010.

It will combine the hobby and eductator product lines into one catalog. The educator products will be featured in the back of the catalog.

Expected availability is to be January-February 2010 timeframe.

Bob

What!? I'd better get busy!

Master of the Dark Art of Model Rocketry

www.shrox.com
Old 11-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrox
What!? I'd better get busy!

Didn't you get the memo?

Bob