Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2007, 01:38 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by foose4string
Speaking of that ram jet cone profile, I was looking at the Strike Fighter(EST#2015) the other day. I think *it* uses a BT55 cone though and might be proportionately longer, but the Strike fighter is one I'd like to clone one of these day. Any one else built one of those?

Looks good Bill!

Yeah, I bought one from Scott McCrate last summer. It's been a slow project so far. I'm still a little intimidated.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 03-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arley Davis
Will Doug maybe I could hit you over the head with a J motor casing and when it hurt’s let me know, and I might stop, but then again maybe not.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arley Davis
Will Doug maybe I could hit you over the head with a J motor casing and when it hurt’s let me know, and I might stop, but then again maybe not.

But maybe some people do not know the difference between a paper casing and metal.
Now, I would think that any one using a re-load (assumption) that they would secure the motor well enough to get the casing back.....
Old 04-21-2007, 09:17 AM
BP Mafia

Since I finished this one and it's hopefully flying tomorrow, I thought I'd post pics. The decals didn't turn out too well. I used Bel Decal paper and they're thin and flaky around the edges. I'm almost out of paper, so maybe it's time to try something new.

I'll try not to kill or maim anyone with the unsecured engine casing tomorrow, but it's every man for himself out on the field.

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Old 04-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Since I finished this one and it's hopefully flying tomorrow, I thought I'd post pics.
Bill,

It's beautiful. One little thing, though...send me that nosecone and I'll put a proper aerodynamic tip on it

Seriously, it looks really sweet. The more I look at it, the better it looks. Lots of details there that really make it an outstanding example.

Quote:
I'll try not to kill or maim anyone with the unsecured engine casing tomorrow, but it's every man for himself out on the field.

Doug
Old 04-21-2007, 12:51 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
Bill,

It's beautiful. One little thing, though...send me that nosecone and I'll put a proper aerodynamic tip on it

Doug

It looked a lot better before it slipped off and dropped onto the floor the other night when I was painting it. Overall, it's a classic example of a 10' out rocket. It looks great until you get too close.

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 04-21-2007, 04:21 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Since I finished this one and it's hopefully flying tomorrow, I thought I'd post pics. The decals didn't turn out too well. I used Bel Decal paper and they're thin and flaky around the edges. I'm almost out of paper, so maybe it's time to try something new.

Looks great Bill.

You can't tell the decals didn't come out well, looks good to me. If you find a new decal paper that works please post about it. I've never printed my own decals but it may be something to try in the future.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates