Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2018, 10:32 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn-rocketry
I've temporarily made my photos of the St. Boni Herc available on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L...M51h-Bfi1VkZPjD

Feel free to grab any or all of them.

After I took these photos, I exchanged some emails with the president of the local historical society about the missile and base, but now I can't seem to find them...

Those are some great photos and it's obvious that the city is proud of that display.

It is missing its tail shroud, but that exposes the aft Nike motor mounting girdle and you got some great shots of it - best I've seen. I intend to add that girdle to my NH CAD model eventually. Like some other vertical NH displays, the fins are mis-mounted by moving them upward, making the trailing edge flush with the nozzles. The elevons are bolted in place and AFAIK that makes it a training round. They've taken some license with the 'US ARMY' text, but it looks cool.

Please leave them up for a few days - I do want to pick up most of those.

I'd love to see your SF-88 pics too, you do good work and I expect they are some great pics. I'm planning to go there myself, hopefully in the next couple of months. There are some measurements missing from all the CAD drawings that I want to get.