Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2011, 07:43 PM
Unoffical Rocketry Records

Default All-time Altitude List is back!

Well heck! It looks like my ftp site will be no longer in service as of June 1st.
That means the Unofficial Altitude Records List will be gone...or harder to update.
I'll think of something...

Okay I thought of something...

Just send me your email address through a private message and I'll link you to it for good.

Cheers
SRP Crew

Last edited by SRP Crew : 04-24-2016 at 05:29 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Flying since 1977

All I get are 404 errors.

Mike Toelle

NAR 31692 L1

SAM 0373
Old 11-01-2011, 07:15 PM

Question

try this: http://www.mts.net/~rns/URR/All-tim...e%20records.htm

Give it another try. People seem to be seeing it alrrady. Give it another try. If it doesn't work, let me know

thanks

Rick
Old 11-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Apollo Nut

I have a Vulcan L750 altitiude I hit at LDRS-10 at Black Rock in '91 of just under 19,000 feet (ground based tracking stations set up by Chuck Rogers). I'll see if I can work up a submission at some point to have it added.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 11-02-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
I have a Vulcan L750 altitiude I hit at LDRS-10 at Black Rock in '91 of just under 19,000 feet (ground based tracking stations set up by Chuck Rogers). I'll see if I can work up a submission at some point to have it added.

Earl

Earl that would great! Whoa. That would be something to be proud of. I'm not sure what type of L750 I have on the list right now, but it appears to be about 6k shorter then yours.

Yes please!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:10 PM

Hi everyone.
I've been getting a lot positive input from the many flyers interested in this Internet Altitude Record list. A lot of great feedback as to how the data should read a well. The main thing is, it's a quick and dirty list which gets you the information. Nothing fancy. I've come to realize how important an altitude means for some. It seems there's quite a few dedicating their efforts on doing this too. There's lotsa of repeat record holders on the list...

So, the updates keep happening everyday and the lists are still expanding. There's so many unclaimed motor-delay records waiting to be taken.
So if you know of any more links or records I'm not listing/linking, just email me or send me a public or private messege on this forum. Maybe I can get'em on this crazy list for you.

Keep reaching higher!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:31 PM
The_Ripper

I had a J100-10W flight at LDRS-VIII Hartsel, CO August 1989 in a 3" scratch built rocket that was tracked to 6,912 feet. This was also ground based tracking by Chuck Rogers (that's how they did it back in the day). Altitude is recorded in one of the Tripolitan issues and was one of just a few tracked flights that weekend due to low cloud cover. I'll have to dig that issue out this weekend.

Do I scan the page from the issue for documentation and email you? Post here?

I have other tracked J and K flights and altimeter recorded flights (with altimeter data). Are you only looking for recorded altitudes for flights of a given motor, or flights that achieved a club or national record?

Wasn't sure what you were looking for to continue compiling your list.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 11-16-2011, 08:27 PM

Thumbs up

Hi snaquin,

Because I rely on web documents to support a record and its data, this is what is required for a claim:

Motor, Delay, Max Altitude,Date of Flight(year at least), Flyers name or Team name, Rocket Name, Club, Where flown,Link to a website or Forum where the data is promoted/accepted, the Motor Brand callout. (I should make a submission sheet...a little later maybe...) thx!

That's really the extent of it. Some do not have their own website so forums work great.

Your J100-10 altitude flight can immediately go on this altitude list with this documentation you feel proves what occured. Just upload it to this thread if you'd like...along with that I can also store extra proof through a private messege if you really want. But this thread would be a perfect spot to claim it valid too.

Please let me know what you think.

SRP Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
I had a J100-10W flight at LDRS-VIII Hartsel, CO August 1989 in a 3" scratch built rocket that was tracked to 6,912 feet. This was also ground based tracking by Chuck Rogers (that's how they did it back in the day). Altitude is recorded in one of the Tripolitan issues and was one of just a few tracked flights that weekend due to low cloud cover. I'll have to dig that issue out this weekend.

Do I scan the page from the issue for documentation and email you? Post here?

I have other tracked J and K flights and altimeter recorded flights (with altimeter data). Are you only looking for recorded altitudes for flights of a given motor, or flights that achieved a club or national record?

Wasn't sure what you were looking for to continue compiling your list.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Apollo Nut

My L750 flight at LDRS10 (mentioned above) also was listed in one of the Tripolitans back in the day. The exact altitude, as I recall, was 18,860 feet on a Vulcan L750-30 Smokey Sam motor. This was a custom delay motor made by Scott Dixon of Vulcan especially for my minimum diameter all-fiberglass model it was flown in. It flew with about two pounds of red carpenters chalk inside the body tube. Amazing how visible that puff was from over 3.5 miles up, but it really helped Rogers and crew to pick it up for a good track at Black Rock Desert. That crystal clear Nevada sky didn't hurt too much either! ;^)

I might could eventually find that old Tripolitan issue, but not sure when that would be (probably a late '91 issue that covered LDRS-10 that year). That event was basically mid-August, 1991. I may have a record of the actual flight date somewhere in my files.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 11-17-2011, 12:25 PM

Great story. A 30 drop with a huge puff of smoke. It's just fantastic to hear this kind of tale.
I'll post the altitute later tonight. Was the rocket a kit or a scratchbuild. Name?
If you have anymore info, stories or other altitudes, do not hesistate to send'em over Earl.

Thanks again

Rick
SRP Crew