Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerstl
Then ther are the people like you engaged who lie and distort the facts to serve their own purpose.

And don't forget those forum moderators who have a little power and are willing to use it to make life miserable for those who don't.

YORF isn't that kind of forum thankfully. The moderators here, just like many of the users, treat people with respect simply because it's the right thing to do. It's a very well run family friendly forum. It's a great place for kids as well as adults.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:01 PM
5-cent Sugar Rocket

And then there are those who have personal beefs with people they never met, feel justified making personal attacks tying desperately to get people to react, and don't realize that there are still others who treat such antagonists with as much concern as they regard a gnat fart.

Those are the most tiresome, in my opinion.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing more of your work, U812.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:24 PM
U.S. Manned Space Program Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by U812

I'm not a saint ...

Ok. I won't call you St. Steven.

Seriously, being sued isn't fun and puts a very dark cloud over your life, sometimes for years. It would be one thing if you were doing something wrong, but you were defending a friend against an unjust act - a noble thing to do. I am glad the guy who served you didn't follow through.

Hopefully your experience on this forum will be much better.

Greg
Old 09-08-2009, 10:28 PM
5-cent Sugar Rocket

Unfortunately a scare tactic that often works very effectively. Who wants to/can afford to go through that?

Glad you didn't have to go through that fully.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:42 PM
steely eyed missile man

Thanks guys. Thanks a bunch.

I'll be posting the beginnings of my scratch build here soon. Maybe tonight. I think you will find it interesting.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Steve

Hostile Projectiles
Old 09-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerstl
And then there are those who have personal beefs with people they never met, feel justified making personal attacks tying desperately to get people to react, and don't realize that there are still others who treat such antagonists with as much concern as they regard a gnat fart.

Those are the most tiresome, in my opinion.

No the MOST tiresome are the underlings that don't have enough of a life to fight their own battles, but do the bidding of their master instead, not because it's the right thing to do, but because they have that little bit of power. My bet is that it makes them feel all warm inside. Those are the MOST tiresome and the most insignificant as well. Even more insignificant than a gnat fart in my hulble opinion.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:26 AM
5-cent Sugar Rocket

Quote:
Thanks guys. Thanks a bunch.

I'll be posting the beginnings of my scratch build here soon. Maybe tonight. I think you will find it interesting.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Steve

What size class will you be shooting for eventually? With the kind of epic scale details you do, I could see anything from peanut scale to 12-foot tall Saturn Vs!

[edit: P.S. added]

Oh, and even if you decide against posting the whole thing on other forums, if you don't mind I'd like to link over to here so others can take a look. Thanks!
Old 09-09-2009, 02:01 PM
steely eyed missile man

rangerstl,

That would be fine with me. Thanks a lot.

Steve

Hostile Projectiles
Old 09-11-2009, 06:32 PM
BAR

Quote:
Thanks Greg. I have had my fair share of trouble in the past don't get me wrong. I'm not a saint.

However the last time I got in it it was with a vendor who used smear tactics against a good friend who was one of his competitors. He constantly claimed my friend's system and product would cause failure in a RC model .

None would stand up to him. I did. And all I said on that particular forum was that he wasn't being fair and didn't have the experience to make such a claim. I asked him to come clean and admit it to which I got up one fine day to a knock on my door and I was served. As it turned out this person plays this way and had the money to back himself up. Which taught that freedom of speech sometimes only comes at a price these days.

He never did follow through with it and as it tuned out he would have had a tough time doing it. But never the less it cost me time, stress and aggravation. This is not something a hobby is supposed to be. Quite the opposite, no?

So I made it so that I would never again confront in a public forum a troll or public monster no matter how unfair and untrue they might be. There are other ways far more effective to take out a bad guy behind the scenes and in a manner within the law.

OK. Back to the hobby folks. And keep this little story in mind. As it is I enjoy the forums and the hobby a great deal more these days. In the end I should really thank the guy that tried to sue me.

Steve

Yeah, our club (Challenger 498 NAR section) had such a character awhile back. He threw around a lot of money, paid for everyone's eats on 'road trips' to various launches, paid for all the gas, stuff like that, very generous, but then the 'unwritten rule' was that he was supposed to automatically 'get his way' in any issue that came up that involved him, or on which he even had a fairly strong opinion, regardless of how the rest of the club membership felt about it. It became more and more of an issue until folks quit accepting his 'generousity' since it obviously came with strings they didn't want to be bound by, which caused him to turn more vociferous, and when people outright turned against him, he became VERY hostile and started making all kinds of trouble, threatening lawsuits, etc. The club nearly died as a result of it because everyone headed for the doors. It was down to just a small handful (3ish) members when our former NAR advisor managed to keep the club on life support for a couple years and revive it and get some folks to come back, and get some new folks coming in. We're now slowly growing...

Shame some folks get their jollies by torpedoing everyone else... OL JR
Old 09-12-2009, 12:52 AM
steely eyed missile man

Luke I know exactly what you're talking about. 100%.

Been there too.

Steve

Hostile Projectiles