Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2018, 02:14 AM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Default NARCON 2018 News

Folks,

I thought since several YORF members are at NARCON I would create a thread where news from the event could be posted.

Examples include:

Reports on presentations

Manufacts News

Vern and Gleda sightings

Post away so that those of us who could not attend can learn about what is happening at NARCON.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:20 PM
frustrated aero

Carol Marple is posting live videos on the NAR Facebook page...I watched the Mfgr presentations last night, and some other presentations. I know many here don't do FB, but it is a neat way to see what's going on! I am sad I am missing this, since it is fairly close, but things didn't work out...
Get yer Barrowmans here
Old 02-24-2018, 06:22 PM
Master Modeler

Bob,

Pat Fitzpatrick was just asking after you a couple of hours ago. Sorry you’re not here.

Vern and Gleda, Lee and Betty are around. I had lunch with Gleda, Vern, Carol Marple and Mark Wise. We got so engrossed in conversation we missed the first afternoon session.

Probably from my perspective the biggest product news I’ve discussed in the Quest composite motor thread.

There is also a new Odd’l Rockets kit - an F-104 - the first examples of which are available from jonrocket.com here. Since all I have is a carry-on bag that is rather stuffed, I am hesitant to get one here for fear I’ll squish it on the way home.

The pre-banquet gathering is in about 10 minutes....perhaps I can add a little bit later.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Old 02-25-2018, 12:51 AM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Bob,

Pat Fitzpatrick was just asking after you a couple of hours ago. Sorry you’re not here.

Vern and Gleda, Lee and Betty are around. I had lunch with Gleda, Vern, Carol Marple and Mark Wise. We got so engrossed in conversation we missed the first afternoon session.

Probably from my perspective the biggest product news I’ve discussed in the Quest composite motor thread.

There is also a new Odd’l Rockets kit - an F-104 - the first examples of which are available from jonrocket.com here. Since all I have is a carry-on bag that is rather stuffed, I am hesitant to get one here for fear I’ll squish it on the way home.

The pre-banquet gathering is in about 10 minutes....perhaps I can add a little bit later.

I would have liked to attend NARCON but my boss wanted to take a four-day weekend so I have to run the store.