Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2018, 01:11 PM
Rocket Huckster

The really neat part for me. I can leave the house and check the progress of a print on either machine thru my phone these printers have cameras built in. You can pause or stop it if needed.
Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Old 05-15-2018, 06:12 PM
Old BAR

Received my Nike Hercules over the weekend. I received the instructions well ahead of time, and it is well-illustrated, and the prose is well-written.
In the box is a beautiful set of parts to make a stunning flying model. Alex and Sheree have been true to their promises, in fact delivering mine a fair time early. If someone here doesn't do a build, I will and share. Not as big as my Launch Pad model I built here a few years ago, it will use 4x24mm engines in the first stage and one in the second ignited with a timer. I've never used one before, so...
I want to thank Alex and Sheree for another beautiful Boyce model!

Allen
Old 05-15-2018, 07:56 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Please at least post a few pictures!

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 05-18-2018, 02:07 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Just wanted to say "thank you" to those of you who have supported and defended us in this thread. As you know many small model rocket kit manufacturers are garage operations and we are no exception. Our driving motivation for producing this kit via a pre-sale format was to make something amazing available to hobbyists now instead of years from now. We have invested over $10k of our own hard earned money to purchase 3D printers that are up to the task of running 24/7 and producing quality parts. Even with this investment the printing process is so slow that we have only been able to keep up with out current offerings of product. We love scale model rockets and have designs for (literally) dozens of new kits to release but can't because we don't have the printing capability. Also, being responsible small business owners, we can only justify spending a maximum of 50% of our annual business revenue on additional printers each year. So, in order to fill a desire for a big Nike Hercules kit we decided to do a "kickstarter" type of promotion that would be a win/win. A win for our customers who were able to get a innovative kit that is ordinarily difficult to produce, at a decent price this year, and a win for us because we were able to increase our production capability faster than we could have otherwise. We're sorry that some folks have been burned in the past by other companies or individuals and are jaded by their experiences. We never doubted that our core customers would respond with excitement and trust because we have a reputation that has been earned with each and every one of them over the years. Regards, Alex and Sheree Boyce
Old 05-18-2018, 06:43 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH
Just wanted to say "thank you" to those of you who have supported and defended us in this thread. As you know many small model rocket kit manufacturers are garage operations and we are no exception. Our driving motivation for producing this kit via a pre-sale format was to make something amazing available to hobbyists now instead of years from now. We have invested over $10k of our own hard earned money to purchase 3D printers that are up to the task of running 24/7 and producing quality parts. Even with this investment the printing process is so slow that we have only been able to keep up with out current offerings of product. We love scale model rockets and have designs for (literally) dozens of new kits to release but can't because we don't have the printing capability. Also, being responsible small business owners, we can only justify spending a maximum of 50% of our annual business revenue on additional printers each year. So, in order to fill a desire for a big Nike Hercules kit we decided to do a "kickstarter" type of promotion that would be a win/win. A win for our customers who were able to get a innovative kit that is ordinarily difficult to produce, at a decent price this year, and a win for us because we were able to increase our production capability faster than we could have otherwise. We're sorry that some folks have been burned in the past by other companies or individuals and are jaded by their experiences. We never doubted that our core customers would respond with excitement and trust because we have a reputation that has been earned with each and every one of them over the years. Regards, Alex and Sheree Boyce

Thank you, Alex & Sheree, for all you do for the hobby of Model Rocketry!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558