Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Black Wolf Rocketry

Default 5 Diamond Motor Packs and 4 Solar Igniters, new and sealed

I have five diamond motor packs from Ested Damon era, four are still sealed in shrink, the fifth has been opened, but all motors are there and the shrink is still on the package. They are 2 packs of B6-4 and 3 packs of C6-7. The opened pack (B6-4) has a date on the motor of 12-12-75. Judging from the other items I received from this individual, these motors have been kept indoors away from moisture and such. The are in beautiful condition.

Also included are four packages of Solar Igniters. One has been opened and only has three igniters in it. The other three are still sealed.

I am asking $50.00 plus shipping for this group. Shipping is parcel post of course. All comments are welcome regarding items including pricing, since I am not really sure what these are valued at. I don't sell a lot of motors, because I generally keep them for myself. But these motors are collectible and I do not collect. Of course, if no one wants them, I suppose they will fly my rockets just fine....

If you are interested, I prefer email but PM will work fine. Operators are standing by...

I am legal to ship.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  diamond packs.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  968.5 KB  

I hate rules.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Black Wolf Rocketry

Hellooooo! Anybody out there? I was really hoping to get some feedback as to the true worth of these motors. I am trying to learn a little about what they should be valued at. That is why I set the price so high. I was really looking for some feedback. I do want to sell these motors, but I am trying to learn something first. Anybody have any thoughts at all?

I hate rules.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:58 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsas
Hellooooo! Anybody out there? I was really hoping to get some feedback as to the true worth of these motors. I am trying to learn a little about what they should be valued at. That is why I set the price so high. I was really looking for some feedback. I do want to sell these motors, but I am trying to learn something first. Anybody have any thoughts at all?

I think the fact that they are common motors might work against you in scaring up interest. If they were B14s or something else cool, you'd have a bidding war. The fact that they are B6 and C6s just makes them old commons. Kinda like baseball cards. A stack of Mickey Mantle cards is going to draw more interest than a stack of Darrell Chaney cards. They are cool looking, though.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 08-21-2012, 06:33 AM
Old Canuck Modeller

Harold, packs of igniters are generally available for about 3 bucks a package. Engines such as the ones you are selling are about $8 a pack. And sometimes the stuff goes on sale for lower prices. So, what you have here, at best, has a value in the $40 to $50 range............if you plan to use them. As a collectible, they are not worth much of a premium above their commodity value because there are still plenty of the old diamond packs around.

If I was buying them to use them I would have a couple of concerns............

1) What is their storage history? As you probably know, older engines that have been improperly stored, especially ones that have seen heat/cold cycles, have a tendency to CATO. Not a concern with current stock from a hobby shop, and even if you did get a CATO you would get a replacement from the hobby shop or from Estes.

2) At $50 there is really no incentive to buy them. If you offered free shipping you might get a nibble from a collector who doesn't have any of these.

Just trying to help you out.

Joe
Old 08-21-2012, 08:58 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Agree with the comment about them still being produced.
If they were something OOP like any B14, 1/2A6-0 or 4, B4-6, D13-x, any Shorty, or A5-x they would probably sell in a heartbeat at this price.
Being that they are the extremely common B6-4 and C6-7, this probably will be a tough sell at $50.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 08-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Black Wolf Rocketry

Thanks for the input. I received similar comments elsewhere. Apparently it is a lack of demand coupled with a high price. I can half the price easily. In fact my original thought was to start around $25, but I wanted to see if there was any interest.

As for storage, I purchsed thes in a mixed lot containint among other things, some old (60's) Centuri items, They were near perfect, no sign of weathering or heat damage, no rust on the staples. The guy was an apartment dweller, so I feel confident enough to use these motor, which I probably will. After I burn my other 300 motors...

Thanks again.

I hate rules.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Craftsman

Harold, to give you an idea of what can be found out there, last weekend I picked up some old motors. What I got were:

1) One full but opened diamond pack of 1/4A3-2S
2) One sealed blue tube of A5-2S
3) One sealed blue tube of B4-2 -not OOP but tube looks like it came straight from the
factory.
4) One sealed pack of Cox C6-6
5) A single Estes B14-5
6) One sealed Black tube of B4-2
7) One sealed Black tube of B4-4

I opened the tube of B4-2 (I know-BLASPHEMY!) These were Centuri motors dated 11/2/69.
The ejection charge is held in place by a paper cap. These were most likely produced for Centuri by Estes.

Bought the whole shebang for $35.00

Evil Ed
Old 08-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Black Wolf Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil ed
Harold, to give you an idea of what can be found out there, last weekend I picked up some old motors. What I got were:

Bought the whole shebang for $35.00

Evil Ed

Yup, this is what I have found out. Now I am more aware of the worth of these things. The diamond packs certainly cannot compete with the tubes. I would even like to have some of those. Anyway, I guess I will just toss them into a drawer until I think of a good use. Maybe a donation for a raffle. Thanks.

I hate rules.