Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreadvector
The following statement is incomprehesible jumbled and incorrect.

"We all know that BP can be shipped in the U.S. Mail as long as you pay the Hazmat fee and send it surface."

See the shipping information PDF on the NAR website. I will not post a Dr. Bob length explanation re-stating all the facts on motor shipping, but here is a small and incomplete version:

* USPS will only ship model rocket motors with up to 30 grams of propellant (each motor or segment) and only by ground and ONLY if shipped by someone who has been authorized to ship them (letter from Wash D.C. ? - see NAR PDF). There is no hazmat fee.

* Other motors may be shipped only as HAZMAT by licensed and approved HAZMAT shippers. There is a fee charged by them. They also go ground (and maybe on non-passenger aircraft?). USPS will not ship these motors (over 30 grams each motor or segment).

Sorry Fred, I should have been more precise in my original statement:

Black Powder can be shipped via the U.S. Mail if certain conditions are first met.

I left myself open by not crossing every 't' and dotting every 'i' ... when will I ever learn

Jonathan