Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2005, 09:11 AM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Default AAA Model Aviation American Dream kit plans

I am currently lookinf for the plans / info on the above referenced kit .

Was reccommended I inquire about it here as well ( already posted to oldrockets group).

any input is appreciated. thank you

~ AL Swack.

ps: it would be good to start seeing any of the older / early "HPR" plans posted someplace if people have thenm - YORPS ?

let me know if interested, I don;t neccisarily have instuctions and printed matter for a lot of them, but do have original built-ups for various old US Rockets,AAA,Crown,Pine Cap,Ace Cantata,early LOC, etc. will sort through and see what 'paperwork' I still have .
Old 09-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Arley's Spaced Out Rocketry

I have already tryed to send some plans to Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe and I‘m sure he would post them if he could get permission from the producer of the kits. So fare I have plans for North Coast Rocketry in which I have several plans and kits put Scott could not get permission, for the producer of NCR was planing on saleing the instruction for himself. Vaughn Brothers on the other hand did not return his request to post their kit plans, I have 3 of their kits. And as for Fat Cat Rocketry they would not because as Scott told me they might someday come back,

All three companies are out of business put Scott has to get promotion to list them, That’s way there not on YORS or at least for now.

There Has been many companies that had to close up shop that includes Low, Mid, and High Power. I know for myself I would like to find the plans for Centaur Rocketry kits out of Maryville, OH, inproticular their Centaur HP rocket that was 5’-4” tall.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:09 PM

hmm, interesting about the lack of permission to post, how long does it need to be ( out of business) before they become public domain ?

I'd still be willing to exchange plans one on one, if need be, so if anyone needs anything .

what NCR plans do you have, I have an original pre-estes Phantom 4000, would like to get the fin pattern and info for thier mini-spoil-sport, would be a nice companion to my replica Mini-Allegro (Ace).

As for centaur rocketry, sorry, can;t help out there , I do have thier catalog, but never did get any of the kits.
might be able to clone them ?,seems they were pretty straightforward.

while on the short-lived mid-power companies, anyone have plans for any Orion Rocket Works kits, esp the firestar ?
I have an Orion Excalibur I could get plans from.

and, of course, still looking for AmericanDream fin pattern and tube lengths, * beg,beg* , lol :-)

~ AL Swackhammer
Old 09-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Arley's Spaced Out Rocketry

What I have is the plans only for the 106” Korono and the Hobgoblin, which is an upscale of the Estes Goblin. As for kits I have the original NCR Bomark with balsa fins and 2 Estes NCR kits the Star Wars X-Wing Fighter and the Interceptor G. I have all but the X-Wing scanned onto my computer.

At this time Grog is sending me the plans for Black Hole Betty, a little at a time so fare I have 8 pages.

I am still looking for the Quasar NC and the Avator, also any fin patterns or decals for the Korono and Hobgoblin. I know I can take them from the catalog but I would like to have a copy of the original fins and Decals.

I also have the AAA Model Aviation Catalog but no Kits or plans if anyone has the plans for the #1350 Magnum LaserSonic let me know and I would send you the plans of a kit you might what in exchange.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:02 PM

me again, still begging for info, lol

anyways, between info from here and the old rockets list, plus catalog and my own photos, I've come up witht he following :

Bt 71 - 24"

TA-6070 with coupler glued on for added length

Bt 60 - aprox 18"

TA-5560 ( this used the plastic version, or the balsa ? or either )

Bt 55 - aprox 6 "

PNC-55AC

if these sound ok to the guys who actually had the kit - seems to be close to the pics I have, but 6" for the BT55 section sounds short, was that part actually that short ( I think you'd remember if it was, lol ).

only other thing lacking now is fin patterns.

can anyone give me a general idea on those - ie: were they symetrical ( same taper on forward and trailing edges, ala Nike fins, or were they longer sweep in the front , ala PA crude or Loc Bruiser,etc) ?

also - 3 fins or 4 ? , I seem to recall 4, but it;s hard to tell in the pics,and the catalog is just a line drawing .

thanks in advance, will get this thing built - at least a reasonable facsimile :-)

~ AL

NAR 34644
Tripoli 090
Old 02-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Regarding Vaughn Brothers kits. I now have ownership of the kit designs and brand name. We have started to manufacture some and more will be available. If anyone has a vote of what they would like to see first, you maul me at jim@hobbydistributor.us.

Jim