Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Semroc > SVDT - Semroc Virtual Design Team
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2007, 06:30 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
II'm using the trail version to combine some of my other files into PDFs. But the size of the file doesn't change much so maybe I'm doing something wrong

You must have the "Rawhide" edition. I think the "Chisholm" edition is the one that shrinks files.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 05-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
You must have the "Rawhide" edition. I think the "Chisholm" edition is the one that shrinks files.
You know...I caught that typo when I previewed the post and thought I fixed it......
Old 05-13-2007, 10:48 AM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
We do have some of our later instructions online as pdf files. Mars Lander and Saturn 1B are examples. I want to put all our instuctions online, but it takes so long to do it. Anyone interested in converting 50 or so MS Publisher files to PDF?

I had to look at my software to see if I had what was needed, and sure enough, I do. You can toss some my way.

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 05-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

I appreciate all the offers to help convert the files. I probably should have done a little more homework. I started putting them in an ftp area and tried one on another machine. The files are BIG and they have embedded OLE links to graphics files spread out in other directories. In other words, the MS Publisher files would not work by themselves without locating all the fonts and images and setting them up in a similar file structure to the one on our server. ARG!!

In any case, while I have tried to figure that out, I have about half the files converted. I am not going to use embedded links in the future!
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 05-13-2007, 10:29 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
I appreciate all the offers to help convert the files. I probably should have done a little more homework. I started putting them in an ftp area and tried one on another machine. The files are BIG and they have embedded OLE links to graphics files spread out in other directories. In other words, the MS Publisher files would not work by themselves without locating all the fonts and images and setting them up in a similar file structure to the one on our server. ARG!!

In any case, while I have tried to figure that out, I have about half the files converted. I am not going to use embedded links in the future!

I did the Mark II, Centurion, and Snipe Hunter last night and today using my instruction booklets. If they'll help, let me know and I'll send them along.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper