Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Rocket buildin' machine

Default NARAM-53 registration now open WITH GIVEAWAYS!

At long last, you can now officially register to attend NARAM-53, being held July 23-29th in the general vicinity of Cincinnati OH. The registration includes shopping cart functionality through Paypal, so if you intend to pay by check just submit the registration without confirming the subsequent Paypal screen (we're working on a more straightforward approach soon). Reminder--a patch is included free to every competitor, so only order one if you want extra one(s) or are a sport flyer and want one.

One note to sport flyers--we're still working out the logistics of HPR range and waiver, do expect to have some HPR support, but it will certainly not be up to the standards set by previous NARAM's. If you're primarily interested in sport flying big stuff, I'd suggest you hold off on registering until we've finalized and announced the waiver, hopefully within the next few weeks. We do expect ample capability to support high volume/frequent flying of low and mid power sport, though.

I'd also like to announce two give-aways hoping to induce early registration. Shortly before NARAM, we will hold a drawing for one free hotel room for the week. This is open to all registered/paid competitors and full-week sport flyers. Complete your registration and payment by 4/30 and get entered 3 times, by 5/31 for 2 entries, by 6/30 for 1 entry. Registrations after 6/30 will not be elligible for the room giveaway. You must also be registered at the host hotel by 6/30 to be eligible.

The second give-away is a mirror image of the first--we'll draw one lucky winner from the list of people registered to stay at the host hotel, and will refund the entry fee (contest or sport week). Register at the hotel by 4/30 and get 3 entries, by 5/31 and get 2 entries, by 6/30 for 1 entry.

Point your browser to www.naram.org (or directly to www.naram53.quarkers.net) for links to register for NARAM as well as links to our host hotel, the Cincinnati Marriott North. The hotel page includes a link to book rooms online at the negotiated NARAM rate, drawing from the pool of rooms we've reserved for the meet. While there are some lower cost options in the vicinity of the Marriott, we strongly encourage you to consider staying with the group at the host hotel. Not only is it an excellent facility (no wifi issues here, most rooms freshly updated to LCD HD tv's), but you'll get the full social benefits of spending the off hours with fellow rocketry geeks. I don't think I can top the air-conditioned paint booths available at the Kalamazoo Holiday Inn from N49, but I can assure you this hotel is about as far away on the other end of the spectrum from the N47 Ramada as you can get.

If you encounter bugs or issues, please feel free to report them through contestdirector@naram53.quarkers.net.

--Chan Stevens
N53 Contest Director
Old 05-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Rocket buildin' machine

The early bird registration contest has generated some very positive feedback, and we've now consumed about 75% of the block of rooms held for us at the host hotel. If you're thinking about attending but have not registered yet, I'd strongly encourage you to at least book a hotel reservation, if not actually registering for NARAM itself. There's a good chance if we sell out that I can still add a few more rooms to our block, but that's going to be much more likely if I try to do it in May or June versus in July. Browse over to naram53.quarkers.net, hit the hotel page, and you'll find a fully functioning link to reserve online, maps, etc. As a reminder, we're at a Marriott, excellent condition, and have really beaten them down to a group rate of $89 per night, plus I'm covering free wi-fi for everyone in our block through the meeting room and meal contract, saving everyone the usual nasty $10/day fee that we all think should be free anyway. Reserving your spot at the hotel doesn't cost a dime, so even if cash flow and gas prices are emptying your wallet now, at least reserve your room to make sure you'll have one when you do finally pony up to register for NARAM itself.

The early bird registration contest remains open--anyone registering (and paying) in May gets two entries in the lottery, and in June gets one entry. The lucky winner will be given their hotel room at the host hotel for free (which means you must also be registered at the hotel by June 30th to qualify).

There's also a parallel lottery for anyone staying at the host hotel, winner getting their NARAM contest or sport fee refunded, similar deal. Register by the end of May for 2 entries, by the end of June for 1 entry.

The naram website has been updated slightly, with camping information and links (limited RV parking at the field available--contact me directly). We'll also publish a who's registered list periodically.

--Chan Stevens
NARAM CD
Old 05-03-2011, 02:46 PM
I do not like Facebook

I love the way a certain Mr. Fitch has been singled out on the registration list...

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 06-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

OK, I have a few questions on the NARAM registration.

One odd thing was it wouldn't let my Paypal through the first 2 times I tried...it did on the third try but...

Now I get 3 email telling me I registered. 2 show no fees the third shows the total feed.

Am I registered 3 times?

I also couldn't find anywhere to register as a vendor.

Did I miss something?

I probably did.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 06-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Rocket buildin' machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
OK, I have a few questions on the NARAM registration.

One odd thing was it wouldn't let my Paypal through the first 2 times I tried...it did on the third try but...

Now I get 3 email telling me I registered. 2 show no fees the third shows the total feed.

Am I registered 3 times?

I also couldn't find anywhere to register as a vendor.

Did I miss something?

I probably did.

We have had a very few hiccups with Paypal, nothing we can replicate. I've got a pretty tight handle on which checkouts came through cleanly, which didn't, and have been dealing with the folks directly as they come up. So far, zero instances of people paying more than once, but about 4-5 instances of the registration acting like it was paid through Paypal, but no corresponding Paypal transaction to back it up.

As for vendor info, I'll shoot you info offline putting you in touch with our coordinator. Basically, vendors just register as sport flyers to show up, no fee other than anything special you want us to provide, and we do have a few sponsorship/donation opportunities available.

Now if you want to make sure you get a spot within half a mile of the ranges, it might cost you a Soyuz kit .

--Chan Stevens
Old 06-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanstevens
Now if you want to make sure you get a spot within half a mile of the ranges, it might cost you a Soyuz kit .

--Chan Stevens

You have a Soyuz. How about a Vostok?

http://sandmandecals.com/