Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2017, 11:24 AM
Master Modeler

USSC precedent disagrees with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
If it was up to me I would completely collapse the DEA through defunding as well. Total waste of taxpayer $$ and totally abusive restriction on INDIVIDUAL freedom.

Would impose the same restriction on the "F" portion of BATFE.
ANY regulation of personally owned Firearms for ANY reason whatsoever IS a violation of the 2nd Amendment no matter the stated goal. The U.S. Constitution does NOT allow the gov't to regulate individual firearm ownership even by those convicted of felonies. It IS a violation of individual rights.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:32 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

PRECEDENT does NOT mean it is NOT in direct violation of the United States Constitution. It just means those "high and mighty/holier than thou" sitting on the court have made some ruling. SCOTUS was also responsible for the idiotic "Separate but Equal" ruling at one time as well.

Unless the power is EXPRESSLY given to the gov't (at ANY level; federal, state, county, township, or city/village) it IS forbidden. We have a LOT of laws/regs that ARE in direct violation of the Constitution. I for one would like the court to stand up and smack them ALL down.

Those sitting on SCOTUS have the ability to completely ignore the "past precedence" principle and I would argue have the DUTY to do so when it violates the Constitution NO MATTER THE CONSEQUENCES even if it includes dismantling an entire "Alphabet Soup" gubmint agency.

The agencies that perpetually grant themselves more power upon themselves are the most egregious violators of the Constitution. EPA in the past has been the worst by issuing so-called "rulings" of what they themselves are allowed to regulate.
The BATFE is not far behind....the best example of BATFE over-reach was our very own example of APCP.

We need about a 1000X increase in CORPORATE Regulation and a 1000X REDUCTION on regulation of personal/individual freedom.

The ONE change that IS going to happen is the one I look forward to the MOST. Having the EPA refuse to issue the waiver to California/CARB that empowers those weenies to impose their own vehicle emission regs is a good FIRST step. Shut 'Em DOWNNNNNNNNNNN !
No more "gasoline blending" regs for emission reduction either.
Gasoline blending should ONLY take into account maximizing POWER First and fuel-economy Second with ZERO regard given to any CO2, NOX, HC, or any other 'byproducts' of combustion.

NO DIRECT, MEASURABLE, DEFINABLE, IRREVERSIBLE, PHYSICAL Harm= NO FOUL !
None of that long term supposedly 'cumulative' baloney counts. Measure NOW and show direct impact or NO PROBLEM !

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !

Last edited by ghrocketman : 03-21-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:33 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Olivola
USSC precedent disagrees with you.

Precedents can and have been overturned.

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:18 PM
Master Modeler

It takes a lot more than wishful thinking to go against stare decisis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernomatic
Precedents can and have been overturned.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:17 PM

We shall see in the near future.

It is virtually guaranteed the EPA will be GUTTED by defunding.
The EPA waiver allowing California to set vehicle emission standards will NOT be re-issued. CARB will be defacto powerless in regard to vehicles as a result of this.
Hopefully CAFE will be totally scrapped by combination of EPA GUTTING and executive order.
I want the GUTTING of the EPA to include removal of all registration/control of pesticides from ALL gov't agencies. I want ALL the "Hard" pesticdes of the 50's through 80's back but would settle for just DDT and Dieldrin.
It would ROCK to have the entire Ortho/Chevron and Shell Chemical pesticide catalogs of say 1960 back. Don't like it ? Don't use them yourself should be the ONLY opttion.
No more FORCED 'environmentalism' for those that don't want it....this should be a FREEDOM to either be as 'green' as one INDIVIDUALLY wants or as "ANTI environmental" as the INDIVIDUAL wants on what they privately own AND on public territory.

The DEA is an even bigger waste of taxpayer dollars on idiotic interdiction/incarceration programs that could NEVER correct this issue.
Their entire budget should be spent on rehabilitation/medication/education
instead. The drug issue has always been extremely over-blown and could NEVER be controlled with ANY idiotic supply-side policy; it can ONLY be effectively controlled by DEMAND reduction. All substances should be LEGAL with ZERO law-enfarcement influence. The ONLY regulatory influence should come from the MEDICAL community.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:24 PM
BAR

If I were governor, I'd fire all the employees and totally dissolve the Texas DOT and start over...

I swear they actively seek out the best way possible to f*** up everything they can possibly touch, and employ the complete retards incapable of getting any other job whatsoever, including flipping patties...

Later! OL J R
Old 03-23-2017, 11:07 PM

Federal DOT is the 4th on my list of useless agencies.
Shipment of goods should be controlled by the SHIPMENT company in any way they choose other than on passenger air carriers. That should be strictly separate. No shipment of goods on passenger flights other than personal luggage.
General (non-commercial) Aviation should have next to ZERO regs just like it was prior to WWII. Maintenance of aircraft and hours operated should be up to the Owner/Pilot of the aircraft with no stinkin' forced inspections.
The FAA should be involved in the safety of COMMERCIAL air carriers and maintenance of proper air traffic control. They should be DIS-involved in general civilian aviation.
Would there be more incidents ? Maybe, but I favor that FREEDOM over a "Gestapo-like" police state which is VERY close to what we have.

I will NEVER favor collective/societal 'safety' over personal/individual freedom. When the two collide, personal freedom should ALWAYS win.

Last edited by ghrocketman : 03-24-2017 at 01:42 PM.